Every architect student knows that studying architecture is not only sketching buildings on drafting tables. With all the software right now, you can check for structural and design imperfections when on a rendering program.
What is a rendering engine? 3D rendering software takes user-created 3D models and places them into fully-realized 3D environments or images.
We know that some rendering softwares can be expensive, and if you are a student, those softwares may not be the best option. These are some free rendering alternatives that you can download and start rendering away.
Is a realtime renderer based on the realtime raytracing technology. It combines the advantages of both ray tracing and rasterization to get real-time interactivity and photorealistic images at the same time. Create Animation, walkthrough, virtual reality, Panorama 360° and Full-scene realtime roaming. You also have some cool features like:
- Raytraced GI in Realtime – No Baking of Indirect Lighting
- Raytraced Reflection in Realtime – No Planar Reflection or Probe
- Camera Depth of Field Setting
- Over 800 Vegetation, People & Vehicle Models with Animation
- Ever-Expanding & Stored in Cloud
You can download D5 Render here.
Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, video editing and 2D animation pipeline. Blender comes with a powerful unbiased rendering engine that offers stunning ultra-realistic rendering. It also comes with a built-in video sequence editor allows you to perform basic actions like video cuts and splicing, as well as more complex tasks like video masking or color grading. Some of the outstanding features are:
- Ability to render to multiLayer OpenEXR files
- Real-time preview of your tracked footage and 3d scene
- Up to 32 slots for adding video, images, audio, scenes, masks and effects.
- Crisp text, including support for hi-dpi/retina displays
- Python scripting for custom tools and add-ons
You can download Blender here.
This software has a simple and intuitive interface makes it extremely easy to learn and use, regardless of your project’s size and complexity, or your previous CG experience. Drag and drop lights, materials, and props; change the season, the weather, or even the growth of trees by simply dragging a slider. The Forward Shading Renderer provides a faster baseline, with faster rendering passes, which may lead to better performance on VR platforms. Some of this software’s features are:
- Photoreal rasterizing and ray tracing in real time
- Virtual texturing
- Shotgun intergration
- Scalable foliage
- Landscape and terrain tools
You can download Twinmotion here.
Some of the best things in life are free lol, but seriously, some people think that if something is free it may not be that good, they have it totally wrong. These are amazing programs where you can find the tutorials in each webpage. Have you started using one of these already?