Presentation Boards with InDesign
What will I learn?
In this course you will understand and learn how to create a presentation board that can communicate effectively the message of the architecture that is being portrayed.
You will also learn the basic tools of Adobe InDesign to create presentation Boards, how to use typography, what colors to choose in your presentation, what image style to go with when creating boards, main composition components in graphic design, how to tell a story and many more!
Some things we will cover
Who is this course for?
- You are an architect or architecture student.
- You are interested in improving your communication skills.
- You have great architectural ideas but need to portray them better
- You don’t have full knowledge on how to create presentation boards from scratch.
What you can expect
Peek Into the course
- The importance of boards
- how to tell a story
- how to present an argument
- most common mistakes
- Best workflow process for creating a content list
- preliminary sketch of your boards
- folder structure
- workflow conclusions
- Creating a new doc
- Setting up your workspace
- basic interface
- importing images
- display resolution
- frame and content difference
- links panel
- creating text and paragraphs
- using grids and guides
- presentation mode
- shapes and colors
- tips and tricks of indesign
- Grid composition
- main image composition
- blended composition
- Explaining the project and looking at references
- creating the base file
- preliminary board in indesign
- grid layout
- main image layout
- blended layout
- key takeaways
- Presenting the project
- preliminary boards
- extending the sky of a render
- adjusting a floor plan to a sky background
- second presentation board layout
- final adjustments
- alternative layout options
- Best exporting and printing tips
- key takeaways
Meet your instructor
Since I was in school I have had a passion for representation and how as architects we can communicate our ideas through drawings.
For more than six years, Show It Better has a community of more than 500,000 thousand people from more than 150 countries. With over 4,500 online students that have taken previous online courses, we have deepened our passion for architecture and representation.
I think that if you can create a stunning presentation board, then you have 40% of the job done (which is captivating everyone’s attention), and now your design can speak for itself!
If you are interested, join me in this course so we can explore the world of presentation boards and everything there is to it!
Frequently asked questions.
If you have any other questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course. You decide when you start and when you finish.
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course. Across any and all devices you own. You may also download the class videos and pdfs and keep them on your computer.
We would never want you to be unhappy! Please contact us after completing the totality of the course, and we will give you a 30-day full money back guarantee. Terms and conditions apply
Our courses cover each detail and issue we encounter when creating an image, which is sometimes overlooked in a YouTube video. Also, our courses are longer and more specific, so a topic that could typically be covered in twenty seconds in a youtube video will be explained thoroughly in the course.
You will need to sign up and have a user log in, so you can take the course wherever you are!